The Taiwan Spinner’s Association (TSA) was formed by the merger of the Taiwan Cotton Spinner’s Association (TCSA) and the Taiwan Synthetic Fiber Spinner’s Association (TSFSA). In fact, the spinning industry is a combination of the cotton spinning and synthetic fiber spinning industries, covering all cotton and synthetic fiber spinning and twisting industries in Taiwan . At present the TSA, located on AiGuo East Road, the original address of the TCSA, has 97 members and 258 representatives coming from the above 2 associations.
Both the TCSA (until September 2005) and the TSFSA (until April 2006) have more than 50 years’ history. Therefore, members from these associations play a decisive role in Taiwan ‘s textile industry, and the industries they represent have a key role in Taiwan ‘s economic development. Between May and June 2004, TCSA Chairperson Yeh Yi-xong, TSFSA Chairperson Chen Jun-mao, and some enthusiastic associates proposed the merger to promote the integration of resources for domestic spinners and to create a more efficient exchange platform. After these two chairpersons communicated with, persuaded and coordinated members of the respective associations for nearly a year, the merger was successfully passed on 12 April 2004 at the member’s general meeting of each association. To promote the success of the TSA, 7 representatives were elected by members of these industries on 26 April 2005 to form a task force chaired by Chairperson Yeh to take charge of the planning and execution of this new organization’s formation. Finally, the TSA was officially formed on 24 August 2005 with the support and in the witness of 258 elites from the most representative domestic spinners. Chairperson Yeh Yi-xong of the DaJiang Textile Company was the TSA’s first chairperson, and Chairperson Yeh Chang-an of the Chung Fu Chen Yeh Enterprise Corporation chaired the board of supervisors. According to the articles of organization, Chairperson Yeh immediately invited Managing Director Chen Jun-mao to be the vice chairperson, and Wang Xi-long, Li Wu-bo, Lin He-jin, Chang Ru-hua, Shu Shih-da, and Yang Wen-tian to be members of the advisory board.
In addition to establishing the board of directors and the board of supervisors according to the articles of organization, there is a department of operations, a technical advisory board and an administrative department under the board of directors to promote various member services according to the resolutions made by the member’s general meeting, the board of directors and the board of supervisors under the leadership of the chairperson.
The member’s general meeting formed by 230 representatives from 80 members elects directors and supervisors to form the board of directors and the board of supervisors. The board of directors has 27 directors, including 9 managing directors, and the chairperson of the TSA is elected by the directors from among the managing directors. The board of supervisors has 9 supervisors, including 3 managing supervisors, and a convener is elected from amongst the managing supervisors. Both boards are re-elected once every 3 years. Under the board of directors there is an operations department and a technical advisory board.
The secretary general is responsible for the TSA’s. Under the secretary general there is a business section, a general affairs section and a financial section to help the secretary general to handle TSA affairs. A full-time executive secretary and a laboratory are established under the technical advisory board to reinforce member services.
SERVICE ITEMS SERVICE ITEMS
- Computer voice messages auto deliverary service.
- Computerized raw cotton examination, AFIS Neps testing, and UT3 yarn uniform testing.
- Daily cotton spinner info, weekly business news, daily news.
- Cotton spinner related import and export statistics.
- Members technology assistence and consulting. technology conference, raw cotton quality, and market analysis conference.
- Material resource investigation, and assisting buyer legal issue.
- Protecting members legal rights.
- Delivering government updated law and policies changes to members on time.
- Report members' suggestions to government.
- Assisting members to apply for foreign workers.
- Promoting technology exchanges.
- Investigating members sales condition, and product show.
- Members and member representatives basic database and activities investigation.
- Members liscence application, change, renew, and notification of members info.
- Assisting and sponsoring members charity events and other events.